Be Part Of Something Local!
Hallman/Lindsay is a Wisconsin paint manufacturer serving and working hand in hand with consumers, architects, contractors and a wide variety of industries since 1956. We are keenly aware of the constant demand for quality coatings and first class service. Our goal is to provide both. We provide the finest technical support and service, production facilities and sales, service and support required by our customers.
Senior Chemist - Sun Prairie
The role of Senior Chemist to develop new and improved products as well as maintain daily lab workflow is critical at Hallman Lindsay Paints. The position is a linchpin between the sales and marketing team, the lab and the factory team to create great products and bring them to market. If you love rheology and have an entrepreneurial spirit, we want to talk to you!
At Hallman Lindsay Paints, every team member has a direct impact on our business and the businesses of our customers. We are a local, family company located in Sun Prairie, WI, a growing and vibrant suburb of Madison, Wisconsin. The friendliness of a small town, the excitement of a Big Ten University and its resources, the convenience to Chicago and Milwaukee, the tremendous natural beauty and recreational possibilities all make Sun Prairie a great place to live and work.
- Manage all hallman/lindsay internal and external working relationships in a manner that reflects our company values.
- Marketing, sales and customer support: Be able to quickly respond to questions or concerns from customers, marketing, field sales, or stores, including, but not limited to jobsite, residential, or store visits. Provide training or recommendations to marketing, sales and customers as needed. Develop or enhance product performance based on customer, marketing, and sales feedback. Perform competitive evaluations needed for sales or marketing.
- Operations support: Evaluate raw materials proposed as replacements for economy with emphasis on performance equivalence or enhancement. Provide support to resolve processing, formula, material issues. Follow formula processing from initial manufacture to post manufacture audit. Assist QC during peak periods or absence of primary QC person.
- Lab support: Assist in maintaining a high level of teamwork to insure maximum output, including, but not limited to gate reviews, test procedure development and implementation, organization, recordkeeping, and shared accountability with teammates in the support roles listed.
- Participate in safety inspections and maintain a safe work area.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from both internal and external customers and the general public.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
The ideal candidate must have good communication skills, both written and verbal. Good color vision and excellent color matching skills are required. She/He must be able to assist in team leadership in the Technical Director’s absence. Must show imagination in formulation, procedure development, and problem solving. A degree in Chemistry or equivalent work history is required. Paint product knowledge is preferred.
Full Time Paint Filler - Sun Prairie
No evening, Saturday or Sunday Hours!
Hallman/Lindsay Paints, a growing Wisconsin-based paint manufacturer is looking for a fulltime Paint Filler to join our team at our Sun Prairie plant. This person will be responsible for setting up and filling the appropriate containers in an accurate, neat and clean manner. Job skills and qualifications required: good basic math skills, mechanical skills and forklift experience is preferred, and able to lift a maximum of 80lbs.
If you want to work with great people, making a great product, this could be your next opportunity! Qualified candidates work well in a fast-paced environment and are eager to learn. Hallman/Lindsay offers a full benefits package including paid vacation, health insurance, disability insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing plan.
All applications can be sent to:
PO Box 109
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
fax: (608) 837-1064
hallman/lindsay is always looking for honest, hardworking, upbeat people with a passion for customer service and an interest in paint.