Be Part Of Something Local!
Hallman/Lindsay is a Wisconsin paint manufacturer serving and working hand in hand with consumers, architects, contractors and a wide variety of industries since 1956. We are keenly aware of the constant demand for quality coatings and first class service. Our goal is to provide both. We provide the finest technical support and service, production facilities and sales, service and support required by our customers.
Leader-In-Training Program - Onalaska
Start a successful career path, RIGHT HERE, with Hallman Lindsay Paints. At Hallman Lindsay Paints, nothing is more real to us than your future. That is why we have created the Hallman Lindsay Paints Leader-In-Training Program. It’s a management training program that is designed to help you get on the fast track towards a rewarding career in the coatings industry.
Here’s How It Works:
Once accepted in to the Leader-In-Training Program, we will get you started on the right foot by having you attend Hallman Lindsay Paints Leader-In-Training Orientation. This is a unique opportunity to meet with top decision makers, be introduced to the company’s culture, and learn about our future growth.
Once accepted to the program, you will spend time in/at one of our retail locations to get a feel for the overall sales and operations of supporting our customers. Another area of focus will be at the home office and how the functions performed there support our sales efforts and will include time working in the following areas:
Another important aspect to our success is the outside sales efforts. You will spend time with one of our experienced sales representatives to learn the basic skills necessary to support our customers and grow our business within each area. The length of your training in the various areas of our company will vary by the department you are assigned to: Branch location (6 to 8 months), Home Office (4 to 6 months), Outside Sales and Support (3 to 6 months)This position is full-time and offers a competitive salary and benefits package. When you have successfully completed the training program, you may be considered for entry level management (or equivalent) position depending on the availability of such a position within the company.
- Advance Degree preferred
- 6 months of work experience preferably in the coatings industry or related area of study (business)
- Flexibility to relocate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
As a member of the Hallman Lindsay Paints Leader-In-Training program (LIT), each day will present you with an opportunity to make an impact on your career and on the future of hallman/lindsay Paints. You will develop skills that will prepare you for a leadership position. Hallman Lindsay Paints Senior Management is committed to - and personally invested in – seeing this happen through guidance, support and by expecting nothing short of your best effort. You will be challenged with real-world assignments that have the potential to shape the business of Hallman Lindsay Paints today and tomorrow. You have the ability! Remember, you will be instrumental in the development of this program for future participants, and ultimately the future of Hallman Lindsay Paints.
- Manage all hallman/lindsay internal and external working relationships in a manner that reflects our corporate values.
- Keep accurate driver logs.
- Complete shipping documents, invoices, and freight bills as required.
- Take phone orders from stores and customers.
- Pick orders completely by order priority.
- Notify production of “hot” or “out” items.
- Wrap pallets for secure transport
- Load trailers based on delivery schedule
- Assist receiving as needed.
Professional Qualities: Our Shipping Assistant must be of extremely high integrity, be highly organized, detail oriented, accurate and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- He/she must have superior communications skills with other associates.
- He/she should be proficient in the use of material handling and forklift equipment.
- He/she must be able to lift up to 80lbs.
- He/she must have a clean driver’s record.
- He/she must be able to attain a CDL Class A with HazMat immediately upon starting
All applications can be sent to:
PO Box 109
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
fax: (608) 837-1064
hallman/lindsay is always looking for honest, hardworking, upbeat people with a passion for customer service and an interest in paint.