From the very beginning up to today, we have always taken pride in our commitment to painting professionals, our dedication to quality products and the fact that we just know paint.
In 1956 our company was founded as Hallman Paints on Main Street in Madison, Wisconsin by Bill Hallman, Bob Lindsay and Don Dega. Shortly thereafter, Bob Lindsay left to start Lindsay Finishes. Separately, both Hallman Paints and Lindsay Finishes enjoyed steady growth. In 1976, Hallman Paints moved to Sun Prairie to increase manufacturing capability and in 1991 Hallman Paints bought Lindsay Finishes to form Hallman Lindsay Paints. We moved to a new factory in Sun Prairie’s industrial park in 1998, into a plant that is one of the most up-to-date in the country, totaling 82,000 square feet on 11 acres of land.
Today, we proudly stand alone as the only remaining Wisconsin-based paint manufacturer making our own paint that we sell in our own stores. Our practice of local production, producing goods for Wisconsin in Wisconsin, minimizes the expenses and harmful effects of otherwise transporting our goods thousands of miles. We currently have 26 store locations spread throughout the state, each one staffed with great people and selling quality paint products. Hallman Lindsay Paints has been manufacturing paint in Wisconsin since 1956 and our paint can be found in Camp Randall, the Kohl Center, Monona Terrace, and thousands of homes across Wisconsin.